Tuesday, February 26, 2008

3 Months....

Three months already? (Get used to me being surprised about where the time has gone - someday you'll hear me saying 27 already?!)

Today is Luke's 3 month birthday. And while I can't believe he is no longer the infant blob, I also can't remember what life was like before he was born. He is smiling, and now it's often in response to external stimulus. He coos and babbles like nobody's business. And he cries for about 10 seconds only when he really needs to be moved/held/fed/changed, or for the 30 seconds before he falls asleep. We all pretty much agree - he's an easy baby.

You want to hear the best thing? Nursing this little being. I know that not everyone likes or appreciates breastfeeding, but I am one who finds it to be a wonderful gift. And Luke loves to eat. So we're a good match. My favorite is when he's almost done, and he stops to look at me and just grins. It's like he's saying, "Hey, Mom, isn't this great? You holding me - good. Milk - good. Full belly - amazing. I could do this all day." And I can't look away from those big eyes and toothless grin. I melt, and fall in love all over again. And this happens 10 times a day. Does it get any better?

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Oh Megan, my little man has begun to do this for me, too! just at his bedtime feed, in the dark, and it KILLS me!

I love the onsie your little guy is wearing, and love this post. I identify with it is so many ways!

Megan said...

Thanks! There's nothing better than the look of complete love from these little creatures!