Thursday, February 7, 2008

Everyone said it would happen...


Yeah, sometimes I worry more than I should. My mom says that's when you know you are a mom. She's probably right - she usually is!

Before Luke was born, I worried that there wasn't any way possible for me to love him as much as I love Max. I knew I would like him - but the love I have for Max is just so consuming. How could I have that for anyone else?

And honestly, there were times even in the first few weeks of Luke's life that I had the classic mommy nightmare: your house is on fire, and you only have time to rescue one child. Each time this nightmare happened, I grabbed Max, and only realized when I woke up that I hadn't even thought about grabbing Luke instead. Wow - that sounds even worse reading it than in my head!

But sometime over the last two months, things have shifted. I have completely fallen head-over-heels in love with my smiley little imp. Those moments when he lights up make me swoon, and the pitiful pout that comes when I walk away to do something breaks my heart. I don't love Max any less - I just love Luke just as much.

Everyone said this would happen - the whole "love multiplies" thing. And you know, they were right. Thank goodness!

No comments: