Friday, December 18, 2009

Catching up....

We've been so busy enjoying the season, that I fell a little behind around here. Sorry about that. But really, isn't that the goal of it? Being in the moment?

Wednesday was book club night. Back in July the moms from my playgroup decided we needed to get together as grown-ups more often. Our option of choice? Book club one month, mom's night out the next. This month we were discussing Push of the Sky by a local author, Camille Alexa. But, as always, it's mostly just an excuse to hang out and chat. This time we also had a little cookie exchange.

I am beyond lucky to have these women in my life. Parenting is so much easier with a village, and they are a large part of my village.

So, ladies, if you're reading? Thanks. And I don't care how late the school nights are - it's worth it.

2 comments:

j.yue said...

mmmm. soooo good. such a great feeling to be known and understood. and sharing the biggest job of my life. i never knew how big making it to that providence mom's group that first day would change my life!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for supporting local authors!

Happy Holidays to you and your family.