Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Tulip Fields...



I'm a real sucker for any holiday/seasonal adventure - pumpkin patches, blueberry picking, cutting down Christmas trees, anything that you can only do at one time a year is a good time for me. And in spring, that means a trip to Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival. I think I have drug Dan down to the fields for the last 6-7 years - and now that we have kids, I use them as the reason we just have to go.

Most years we have been very fortunate to have semi-decent weather. But this year the unusually cold spring has really affected the tulips. They were very slow to bloom this year, and made going to the farm much less desirable. But I was determined (read: stubborn) that we had to go, no moatte how long we stayed. So, on our way back from Kyah's first birthday party, we decided to stop by, despite the dark sky and intermittent hail and rain.



Max had fallen asleep about 30 minutes before we got there, and was not sure he really wanted to get out. After a little persuasion and promises of playing with the duck troughs, we were on our way. It was going to be a quick visit - the dark clouds were quickly headed our way, it was cold, the fields were closing, and our stomachs were empty. We ran from the duck troughs to the pipe slides to the fields and back to the car just in time to miss a MAJOR hail storm. The pictures aren't our best, but it was just what I needed to remember what I love about spring.



And now that we've been to the Tulip Fields, we can cruise through the rest of spring. Bring on summer, baby!

No comments: