Friday, April 18, 2008

Please watch....



Ok, I'm a movie junkie. But rarely do I find one that I recommend to everyone. And to let you know how serious I am, I forced 60 middle school students to view it today. And they recommend it to you - so it must be worth it.
Iron Jawed Angels is the story of Alice Paul and the women's suffrage movement. In two hours you will be reminded in a way that you won't soon forget just how important it is for us to use our right to vote. I've always been a little peeved at the statement that women were "given the right to vote" - this movie showed just a snippet of how little these women were given and just how hard they had to fight. To think that sometimes we are just simply too lazy is a disgrace to our grandmothers and great-grandmothers who gave so much.

Really, you owe it to yourself to watch this movie. Ok, enough politics for now - you don't want to get me started, I promise!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

sounds so good! I need to remember to netflix it...

Melanie said...

I saw this at Sundance years ago, and LOVED it. Then I watched it again on HBO and loved it again. . .

I'm not much of a Hilary Swank fan, but she's perfect for this role, and the rest of the cast is awesome as well...