Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It happened....


Today was the day. As a working-outside-the-home mom, you know it's inevitable. You are going to miss things - and sometimes you may miss the big things.

Luke rolled over for the first time today. At daycare.

Yup. I'm bummed. But you know what? It's ok. With Max, I would have cried, and probably not just a little. But this time around, I am trying to take it all as it comes. Just because I wasn't there the very first time he rolled over, I will get to watch him roll over a million times to come. I am the one that gets to hold him in the night, nurse him, cuddle him, and love him more than anyone else can. And that is pretty great. I have to let it outweigh the other - or I'll go crazy.

And right now, he's laying here with me, babbling away. And rolling over.

So, Luke, buddy, promise me I won't miss everything...

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

Oh Megan--- Bummer! But he'll save the best stuff for you. He really will! (Or you can ask DC not to tell you the tricks he does so it FEELS like the first time with you!!)

:) Hugs!