Sunday, April 6, 2008

Anticipation...


A few hours ago, we received the call we've been waiting for - my little sister is headed to the hospital to have her baby. Apparently her water broke while she was out grocery shopping with my mom. I can't wait to hear the whole story. But in any case, my fantastic brother-in-law called, and they were getting ready to start pitocin to help her begin active labor. Within 24 hours, my niece will be here!

I can't even begin to express how excited I am! While things between my sister and I weren't very smooth growing up, as an adult, she is probably my best friend (apart from Dan, of course). She is the person I feel safest being completely truthful with, and I know that she will love me no matter what snide comment I make, or petty complaint I have. She is making me an aunt for the first time - something I have always wanted to be. And this baby is a girl - a break from the snips and snails and puppy dog tails around this place. Wow - it's all just so cool!

It's going to sound silly, but since she won't read this until after the whole thing is over, I am going to go ahead and put it out there. I am just so proud of her. She is a wonderful human being who is going to become only more selfless and giving by becoming a mom. The challenges she faces as a mom are only going to give her more strength, more patience, and greater faith in herself. And as much as I hate being so far away, I am glad that she will get to experience it all without her big sister "helping" a.k.a. telling her the "right" way. I can't wait to see her find her own way around this whole adventure, and have no doubt she will do it with grace.

So, kiddo, fingers are crossed, prayers are being said, and we're waiting. We love you!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

You girls are so cute!

Wishing her luck, and congrats to your whole family!