Sunday, March 30, 2008

Here we go...


Today was my last day of maternity leave. In the morning, I go back to work.

Now, I love my job. I am VERY fortunate to get to teach wonderfully creative and interesting young adults who want to be in our school, and generally like my classes. I work with kind people, and am supported by wonderful parents. The curriculum is motivating, and my classroom is comfortable.

But I love my children, too. And my job takes me away from the two people I love best in this world. And that sucks.

There are 11 weeks left in the school year. It will be busy - long days that are too full. But I'm going to do my best to get through it with some measure of grace. I am vowing to not complain. I am working to view it all for the good things that it brings. And we're going to make it through.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Good luck! Just like being a new mom, the first 2 weeks are the worst. . . hold your breath and get through those and it will get much better!