Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thanks...and an update

I certainly didn't mean to post and run last week - but thank you so much for all of your kind comments. You helped me feel like I was in good company with parenting challenges, and your support and encouragement meant the world. I didn't want to post too soon, but, I think we are starting to get it figured out (sometimes).

The key to the last several days has been planning. Not minute by minute, but having a general idea of what the day should hold. I've picked out an art project (and we've worked on them!), chosen a chore (and gotten it done), played with the boys and had some time for me. The balance is helpful and when I add in an errand or playdate our days feel full, but not overwhelming.

And the weather...oh, the weather. For those of you who don't know, we have had an incredibly wet and cold May and June. The one week of nice sun and warm temperatures happened to be while I was in Ottawa - and participating in their cool/rainy spell. But TODAY is glorious. Right now it's in the mid 80's, we're wearing shorts and the boys played in the wading pool this afternoon. Perfect weather. And it's supposed to be even warmer for the next couple of days. It is amazing how much a difference that can make in my mood.

Tonight I'll do a few catch-up posts - our trip to Ottawa, our anniversary, Fourth of July weekend. Lots of great stuff going on around here. Hope you are all enjoying your day, and that things are going smoothly in your world.

No comments: