Friday, July 16, 2010

House projects

Along with the art fun, we are also working on getting some small projects done around the house these days.

Organizing cupboards and closets happens slowly, but I love when they are done (and yes, I know that it's pitiful to take pictures of our linen closet):


I love staying caught up on the laundry, and drying clothes and sheets outside is just one of those crazy things I adore. It makes me feel all "homey".


And now that the rain has finally stopped and it's warming up, the garden is taking off. We've been enjoying peas and strawberries, and had the first of our tomatoes last night. Everything is running a couple weeks behind where is should be, but the cucumbers, zucchini, and blueberries are all getting closer.

Some strawberries and chives:

One of our 8 tomato plants:

Our sad little bean tee-pee:


There are a million more things on the to-do list, but at least a few of items are moving right along!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

I absolutely YEARN for an outdoor clothesline. Just one more way I feel a connection with you. and your closet is gorgeous and I would have taken the same picture. :)