Thursday, November 22, 2007

So thankful.....

As usual, life loves to throw us curve balls. For some reason, I FULLY expected that Baby Luke would be here before Thanksgiving - the only question was would we be home from the hospital yet. But, as things would have it, it is 9:00 pm on the evening of Thanksgiving, and Luke is still nice and comfy inside.

It was a great day anyway. My mom worked really hard to clean house and make a wonderful dinner here at our house, and despite a possibly tragic flight delay, Erin and Alex were able to make it just a few hours later than expected. I got to hang out with my Dad, and Marian, Carrie and Tom came to share the day with us. It was wonderfully laid back, and the time flew by. Max was thrilled, yet highly overwhelmed to have all of his favorite people in the same room. And largely I got to just sit back and watch it all happen.

I am so lucky to have all of these wonderful people in my life. People who are willing to gather around and share time together because that was important to Dan and I. And besides the much-deserved jokes about the immense size of my belly, the support for welcoming our child into this world at the time he best sees fit.

While I am more than ready for this birth, I am also glad that I got to be here to share this wonderful day with my families.

No comments: