Monday, November 12, 2007

One of those days....

Ok, I knew it would happen. Saturday I was reveling in the end-of-pregnancy, enjoying-the-moment-as-a-family-of-three feeling. Today, well..... not so much.

The major projects are done, work is set up enough for a sub to start, and Luke's arrival is all I think about. For some reason, I had myself fooled into thinking that once all of that was in place, labor would begin. Unfortunately, the contractions that I have been having since 23 weeks seem to have really slowed down, and there aren't any signs of labor on the horizon.

Today was a stormy Pacific Northwest kind of day, and like happens at the end of some three day weekends, Max and I both had a little cabin fever. Dan puts up with us so well on these days, but we aren't much fun to live with. How he does it, I just don't know.

So, tonight, I want to focus on a couple recent "Moments with Max":

1. Tonight at dinner Max insisted over and over "I love beer" - no amount of reminding him that he had never had beer, and that it is just for daddies could dissuade him. Of course, Dan and I cracking up about the absurd statement coming form our two-year-old cherub's mouth didn't help much either.

2. After letting him come into bed with us for a few minutes this morning, he rolls over to me and says "I love Mommy", and then rolls to Dan and wakes him up with an "I love Daddy". Doesn't get much better than that.

And it's things like that that make me remember that even though I'm impatient as all heck right now, there are moments when even "those days" are pretty darn good.

No comments: