Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wahooooooo!!!!


It's time to celebrate! That's right, summer's here! I'm on vacation!

Well, ok, not entirely on vacation - after all, this is the time of year that I transition to being a stay-at-home mama. And with my two, I have a feeling that I won't just be sitting around resting all day.

But I couldn't be more excited. We have some great things planned: a trip to Canada to meet my nephew, girls' weekend in southern California, a week at my parents' cabin, a trip to the beach, and a wedding. I've gathered art supplies and ideas for projects with the boys. Library books abound, and I'm embarking on a "writing journey" of sorts. There's sewing to be done, and crafts to fiddle with. Our first peas are getting close, and the garden is just waiting for warm weather to take off. I am hoping for time with our playgroup and outings at the zoo. Picnics will be plenty.

It's going to be good. I am so lucky to have this time with the boys and without a firm schedule. I am sure there will be days when I beg Dan to let me go to work because I can't handle one more argument or name-calling. But overall?

I can't wait.

*this picture is totally unrelated - I just couldn't resist sharing it.

No comments: