Monday, December 29, 2008

Baptism

Being Catholic is just who I am. My mom regularly took us to Mass, and we attended religious education starting as soon as we started school. I went to church camps, and later became a counselor. Then I went on to attend a Catholic university and have a Catholic wedding. I can't imagine my life without the role that the church has played in every stage of my life.

Now, I am the first to admit that I am anything but devout. I refer to myself these days as a cafeteria Catholic - picking and choosing which parts of doctrine and dogma I believe in. But it is still a very important part of my life.

So it was with great joy that on December 20th, we had the wonderful blessing of welcoming Luke and my niece Savannah into the Roman Catholic Church. It was a beautiful semi-private ceremony, and we were very fortunate to be surrounded by loving family. My sister Erin is Luke's godmother, and I have the honor of being Savannah's godmother. It is so special for all of us to have shared this important sacrament together.

Here are just a few pictures of the day. I want to thank those of you who were there both in body and spirit to share in this event.



2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh! What a lovely day, and what a great thing to be able to celebrate with your family.

MissMVK said...

Megan, I just love the way you write and I especially love the little white sweater on your baby boy. Precious. Welcome to the Tribe little man!