Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Checking in...


(The boys enjoying a good game of "Pirate Adventures")


It's cold and rainy. Luke and I are home sick, and in general it's just a grumpy kind of day. Time to refocus the energy. SO, today you get a list of all that is right in my world:

1. Luke is sitting here holding my hand as he eats his oatmeal. It's a little messy, but I love that he just wants to be close. Both boys have been such cuddlers lately, and I never miss an opportunity to curl up with one or both on the couch.

2. My amazing, incredible sister is getting very close to welcoming her son to their family. This baby boy has no idea just how lucky he is.

3. Maybe a little cheesy, but I'm totally digging the Jason Castro CD. Listening to it non-stop.

4. Max's end-of-soccer pizza party is tonight. I am so thankful that he had such a great time playing his first season of organized sports. (And also a little thankful to get a break from the every weekend commitment of it all.)

5. My ever-talented friend Emily is coming all the way from St. Louis and will be taking our family portraits this weekend. Since meeting her online about 2.5 years ago, I always hoped this opportunity would present itself - and it's here! Cross your fingers for a break in the rain...

6. Summer (the break from school, if not the weather) is only a few short weeks away. With it comes the freedom of schedule I yearn for in a serious way. It's time to start planning some fun!

7. I'm thankful for amazing girlfriends that I can chat into the wee hours with - they inspire me with their energy and passion for pursuing lives of intention and thoughtfulness. They make me want to be a better person.

8. I have the greatest hubby on the planet. Period. And I don't tell him that enough.

9. Finished The Hunger Games on Monday. Got the email that Catching Fire is in at the library. I'm ready to lose a few hours. Normally these aren't my "type" of book - but they are great!

10. My head is full of crafty plans. Now to just find the time to execute them...


And to wrap up, here's a few pics from the last few weeks:

My first pair of knitted socks are finished. I don't love them, but they're done.


Max made his first sandwich on his own - peanut butter and apricots. Yeah - not what I would have chosen, but it worked for him and he was beyond proud!


Spending time with my amazing family on Mother's Day - we were lucky to have Dan's grandma join us from Klamath Falls for the weekend, which made it even more special.


Luke's duckie in time-out. We aren't sure what he did to deserve it, but Luke is a strict enforcer of the rules.

So, that's our world. What's right in yours?

2 comments:

Marilee said...

Well, just about everything is right in my world and you and my beautiful grandsons are a huge part of that. It is so gratifying to know that your children are happy!

j.yue said...

man. always a pick-me-up reading your words megan. i heart you!