Sunday, September 14, 2008

Busy Days....

Ahhhh.....feels good to be back here. I hope that I can get back to regular posting this week - now that life will be settling down a little bit.

The start of work has been good - I have great students, and being home by 12:30 makes getting up a little easier. While I still don't feel like I've quite got the groove down, it's on the way. After Open House next week, things start to feel like smooth sailing.

The busier part of my life lately has been here at home. We have had visitors of the most wonderful type lately. Last weekend my sister, brother in law, and niece flew in. My sister in law and her significant other also came to town. With the siblings came both sets of parents, and a gathering with my mom's extended family. It was incredibly fun to get to hang out with everyone, and the boys loved all the attention and cuddling. Then Monday the house emptied out for a couple days before my mom, sister, and niece returned.

With a trip to the zoo to see the new baby elephant, spa pedicures, a pizza party at Yuen's home, a visit to the farmer's market, shopping at one of my favorite children's stores, hours eating, hanging out, protecting Savannah from the exploring hands of Luke, playing with Max, adoring the incredible inquisitiveness of my niece, it's been a little crazy. But fun. Lots of fun.





And now the house feels empty. A little lonely. But we're ready for it, I suppose...

2 comments:

j.yue said...

love this post. oh i just want to give luke a big kiss there on the floor. pooped out. soooo cute. sounds busy and fun over there. good times.
so bummed i missed out on the pizza party and meeting your sis...

Emily S. said...

that last photo is PRICELESS!