Friday, June 19, 2009

The Summer List

On our first day of summer, Max and I sat down at the kitchen table to make a very important list. As you know, our summer is going to busy and list-filled, but this one is the most important. It is the list of fun things we want to do this summer.

Max was so excited to get to started on his list that in this first week we have tackled three of his items:

1. Making Dinosaurs:


2. Making a Blanket and Pillow Fort:


3. Going to the zoo:


It's been so nice to give our days a little direction and let Max feel like he's getting to do things he wants to do. With all of the other things going on, we need the incentive to play and craft and pretend.

Luke? He's still pretty content to go along for the ride on Max's adventure train. Now, next summer he'll get to make his own list.

5 comments:

Marilee said...

You are such a good and wise Momma! You truly are living life deliberately and I am so proud of you. P.S. The shape dino is great, Max, and I would hire you to build my pillow and blanket fort any time.

Unknown said...

You're amazing. My nephews are so lucky.

Melanie said...

What a brilliant idea! You MUST be a teacher. :)

I can't wait to see what else is on your list!

j.yue said...

yes! share the list! please! what fun.

Emily S. said...

a LATE comment, but I never told you how much I adore that blanket fort photograph!!