Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Feelin' like spring...

This afternoon was just what I needed.

A little background? Our house has been on the market for a week. We've been fortunate and had quite a few showings, and have been working to keep the house as meticulously clean as possible. Add in the rain/wind/cold that have been generally yucky. Then add the fact that it's the week before spring break and my students think that vacation has come early. Oh - and add in the fact that our small child has decided to stop sleeping at night. Not terrible, but just feeling a little, um, oppressed? Repressed? Just pressed?

But then the sun came out. And it was good.

The boys and I met some friends at the park for an hour. And in that hour my good senses were restored. The air was fresh, sky was blue and.......no COATS!!! Amazing. What a sense of freedom! Was totally in love with the moment.

Nothing more than an hour at the park in the sun. But it made all right in the world.





8 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh, that last photo made my heart melt. They are so cute, and so different, but so similar!! Although I'd love for my next one to be a girl, after seeing your boys...another boy wouldn't be the end of the world.... :)

Marilee said...

I think we all felt a little like that! It is amazing what a little sun and warmth can do for the soul and yet I wonder if we would get the same high if we had it all the time. It makes my heart sing to see new pictures of my boys. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful, happy pictures! I think the long, gray winter is over. Thanks for sharing!

The Cohen's said...

Oh, the last picture is OH SO SWEET!!! I'm with you on the weather... a tough of spring, fresh air, and some warm sun makes me feel like a whole new person!

MissMVK said...

I love the backwards boots! I know just what you mean about how restorative the sun can be. Did you knit Luke's sweater? Darling!

Emily S. said...

i TOTALLY understand about sunny days HEALING you... I've needed all the sunny days I can get recently!! Your boys are so amazing, and I LOVE that last shot! :)

Gloria O said...

I was reminded again yesterday at playgroup that I needed to check out your blog. And I just want to tell you how much I love your writing- it's so real and honest. Thank you for sharing your heart with us, it's so inspiring.

McLeodx5 said...

i LOVE that last pic! your boys are amazingly handsome. :)